Random real estate trends in 2018 courtesy of RealtyBizNews:
- Inventory remains low. It is estimated that housing completions need to be approximately 1.5 million units per month to close the inventory gap.
- 37 percent of homes sold in the United States in 2017 were for investment purposes.
- A tariff on Canadian lumber could very well drive up new construction costs.
- Applications for new single-family housing permits decreased in March.
- Homeownership in 2016 was at the lowest percentage in 50 years.
- Many current homeowners who have historically low interest rates are reluctant to sell if it means taking a higher mortgage rate n a new home.