As if the Bay Area housing market wasn’t challenging enough already, the price of just about everything continues to soar.
A few examples:
- Gasoline prices increased by 45 percent in December 2021 over December 2020.
- Cereal and bakery products increased by 10.3 percent
- Meanwhile, the cost of eating out only went up by 3.6 percent
- Electricity in the Bay Area rose by 9.6 percent while natural gas increased by a whopping 27.8 percent
- Currently the inflation rate is 3 times what it was in early 2021
- And it doesn’t show any signs of ending anytime soon.