This is certainly a seller’s market so if you’re thinking of selling it makes sense to get maximum dollars. Some upgrades to consider:
- Replace the front door: It sounds simple but an attractive front door is a very cost-effective way to increase your home’s value.
- A new coat of paint: Again, a simple solution that will imeediately add to the attractiveness of your home.
- Hardwood floors: repacing carpet with hardwood floors generally has an ROI of between 70 to 80 percent. If you can afford it, it might make sense.
- Energy-efficient appliances: Younger buyers such as millennials are all about improving energy and water efficiency. Is it time to upgrade your appliances?
- Sensible kitchen remodel: While a full-blown kitchen remodel may be out of reach for many, simple touches such as re-finishing cabinets can go a long way in making this hub of the house more appealing.
- Patio or deck addition: If you have the outdoor space, a simple deck or patio addition will certainly add value to your home.
- Extra livable space: With more and more people working remotely, space is at a premium and, obviously, the more, the better. Even an extra bathroom or mother-in-law suite can make your home stand out from the competition.
Leave a Reply